0787 554 5032 [email protected] Mon - Sat 8.00 - 17.30

Structural Engineer

When do I need a structural engineer?

You will need a structural Engineer when you’re making home improvements that involve the stability of a building. They will provide structural drawings and calculations which will be used by your building contractor and architect during the renovation work.This information will need to be submitted to Building Control in order to comply with Building Regulations or, depending on the scale of the renovation, to Planning Officials in order to obtain planning permission

What is a structural engineer?

A structural engineer, as the name suggests, is an engineer who specialises in the structural integrity of buildings. They determine the strength and durability of a structure – i.e. a building – and are a key professional in the construction process. They’re able to assess a building’s safety. In building and home renovation projects, they will provide specifications and calculations for the design, as well as suggesting building materials.

Projects which often require the services of a structural engineer include:

-Building an extension-Modifying doors and windows-Fitting solar panels-Loft conversions-Garage conversions-Removing or modifying internal walls-Underpinning floors-Removing a chimney breast



Structural calculations are required for submission to Building Control to achieve compliance.
Starting from £750+VAT.


Party wall agreement may be required if your building is connected to another property. Starting from £480+VAT per agreement.


Submission adminstration service for all documentation submitted to Building Control £350+VAT (excl. building control fee's)